It's funny. I just got done writing about finding blogs in foreign languages and then lo and behold, I was nominated to receive the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster? Definitely not English. It looks like it could be English, but it's actually German. And I actually had an idea about what it meant before I Googled it--all thanks to my lovely German-fluent cousins who taught me a few German words and phrases. But for those of you who don't have German-fluent cousins and are too lazy to Google "liebster", it means dearest, or favorite.
Aww, Kendra, you shouldn't have :)
I don't have a speech prepared or anything, but I am super grateful to have been nominated for this wonderful award, which by the way, was created to recognize up and coming blogs that have 200 followers or less, to bring more attention to them and get them the readership they deserve. This is a fantastic idea, if you ask me. And I definitely liebe the person who came up with it.
Now, as per Liebster Award rules, I have to thank the person who nominated me and link back to them (Thanks Kendra!), nominate five other blogs, and comment on their blogs to let them know they've been nominated. Oh, and I have to flash this fancy thing....no problemo :)
In no particular order, my five nominees for the Liebster Blog Award are:
1. Crazy 4 Sweets: Talent. Massive-cake-decorating-talent. That's what you'll see when you click the link to this blog. The person behind the talent? My dear friend Khaoula. She may not update her blog as regularly as many other bloggers do, but when she does, you know you're in for a real treat!
2. Yammie's Noshery: At 18 years young, Yammie's blog looks way better than mine did when I was 18. Her pictures are amazing, her recipes are delicious (tried and tested), and her love for her family and passion for photography remind me so much of myself :)
3. Budget Bytes: I'm not really sure how many followers Beth has, but I am sure of how amazing her blog has been from start to present. Not only are her recipes simple and satisfying, but they're also inexpensive! And to prove it, she breaks down the ingredient list, calculating the cost for each item, the total cost, AND the cost per serving. It really doesn't get any better than that.
4. Eat Good 4 Life: Miryam is 26 followers over the mark, but I HAD to make an exception! I recently stumbled upon her blog and fell in love at first recipe. There are blogs that make you gain weight just by looking at their pictures, and then there are blogs that make you feel awesome because that cupcake on the screen that you're drooling at is actually HEALTHY. Hers is obviously the latter. Without sacrificing any taste, she puts together meals and desserts that make you feel good...no, not good, GREAT :)
5. Sips and Spoonfuls: Sukaina is truly inspirational. She started her blog while she was battling cancer, as a way to distract her. The blog later became one of her passions and cancer became a thing of the past, alhamdulilah(praise to God). If her story of hope and strength isn't enough to show how admirable of a woman she is, just take a look at her phenomenal pictures and recipes. That should definitely do it.