It's time for another round of Mystery Dish! *Cue dramatic game show music*
I feel like I speak for all of our Mystery Dish members when I say that this month was crazy hectic. But thankfully, we all found the time to get our creative juices flowing just in time for this month's reveal!
Our host for this month was Sherri of The Well Floured Kitchen. She gave us: dark chocolate, greek yogurt, berries, coconut oil, walnuts, fish, baby spinach, and pecorino romano cheese. You already know my mind went straight towards the chocolate. The coconut oil caught my eye as well. It took about 0.5 seconds after that to decide I was making cookies.
December is basically cookie month after all, so it just made sense to take that route. Since I've made coconut oil chocolate chip cookies, and coconut oil oatmeal cookies, the next obvious thing for me to make was a combination of the two!
Now I don't mean to brag, but these are pretttty friggin' amazing y'all. Like crazy super duper good. Remember this commercial? Well, that's precisely how you'll feel after trying these cookies.
They are thick, soft, chewy and packed with chocolatey coconut flavor. I used both rolled oats and quick oats so their texture is on point. My brother, who usually hates everything I make with coconut oil literally could not keep his hands out of the cookie jar.
I'm really liking this good luck I've been having with cookies lately, I hope it continues!
Dark Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal CookiesYield: 2 dozen cookies
Ingredients:1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
pinch of vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In another bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together coconut oil and sugars until well-combined. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Gradually pour in dry ingredients and beat until well-incorporated. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Roll dough into balls, using about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dough for each ball. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8 minutes. Let sit in cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Check out what the rest of the Mystery Dish Gals created this month!
1. Cinnamon Coffee Cake from Buttercream Fanatic
2. Dark Chocolate Chip Coconut Oil Cookies from Chez Catey Lou
3. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart from The Dessert Chronicles
4. Berry Chocolate Streusel Bars from Baking a Moment
5. Green Berry Smoothie from I Want Crazy
6. Baked Fish Tacos with Cranberry Salsa from The Pajama Chef
7. Dark Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Brownies from Joyful Healthy Eats
8. Healthy Homemade Granola Parfait from Yummy Healthy Easy
9. Pear Cranberry Crockpot Oatmeal from See Hubby Cook
10. Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Culinary Couture
11. Raspberry Chocolate Crumb Bars from I Dig Pinterest
12. Dark Chocolate Walnut Coconut Macaroon Fingers from The Well Floured Kitchen