Is it just me or has there been a massive baby boom in the food blogging world lately? Like literally, the past ten times I've seen a post titled "BIG NEWS" in my RSS feed, it's been a pregnancy announcement. I almost feel inadequate because I'm not pregnant.
I kid, I kid. I love the announcements and I love babies and I really love virtual baby showers! And today, we're hosting one for the delightful Georgia of Comfort of Cooking!
They are phenomenal. Smooth and creamy strawberry-lemonade custard over a delicious, buttery, graham cracker crust. THE.BEST. If these didn't have to be refrigerated, I would seriously be sending them to Georgia STAT! In any case, they are outrageously easy to make so she could whip them up in no time!
And um, so could/should YOU.
Strawberry Lemonade BarsYield: 16 bars
Ingredients:For the crust:
1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
1 cup pureed fresh strawberries
One 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, then line with parchment paper, and spray again.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter with a fork until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Press this mixture evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Transfer to freezer for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, add pureed strawberries, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until very smooth and well-blended.
Remove pan from freezer and pour strawberry filling on top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until filling is set and center jiggles only slightly when pan is shaken.
Let cool completely on wire rack at room temperature. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.
Check out what everyone else brought to the party!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette's Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph's Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker